Aqualiser shower = no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any chance someone can give me a bit of a clue with this one?

We've got an Aqualiser gravity fed shower either 4 years old max or 12 years old ie when house was built - sorry don't know which!

Since our immersion heater went on the blink 2 days ago, the shower doesn't run hot water even when the immersion is fully on, the tank is heated and hot water comes from all taps.

The shower was fine until the immersion started tripping (see immersion post)

Really appreciate some clues as to whats wrong here as tomorrow morning saturday is my chance to get the bits needed (if possible) to fix things and a cold shower in September ain't much fun :oops:

Sponsored Links
IF you are getting hot water to all your taps I would feel your hot pipe to the shower to see if it is getting hot.
If it is then you can suspect the shower is your problem. Maybe the cartridge needs changing or there is a blockage.

If the supply pipe is not hot then suspect an airlock. :cry:

This is doing me head in :rolleyes: Hot water tanks heats up. Seemingly good hot flow from all taps. Very weak flow to washing machine downstairs (this uses hot direct from cylinder in airing cupboard) Hot water to gravity fed shower when shower is laid on the shower tray. No hot water from shower head when its in its clip up in the air - seems to be some kind of pressure thing. Cylinder is about a metre away from shower and sits on the landing floor. Any clues??

Sponsored Links
sorted. thanks for the reply. Must have been an airlock - shifted by numerous part draining cylinder/ removing shower head/ running shower constantly on the tray :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back