Aqualiser shower/loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house and I'm having problems with an Aqualiser Classic 200/400 Shower. Fitted a new thermostatic cartridge to replace the old manual one as it was really stiff to operate, but the pressure is now barely existant.

From what I can make out I've got a gravity system with separate cold feed to the shower. Hot pressure is excellent everywhere else in the house including the bath which is next to the shower cubicle.

Quick fix needed as I have 12 guests staying at Xmas and I hope to rip the whole bathroom out early in the new year anyway.

Should I try and get a new manual cartridge or just fit a shower pump which I can then use with whatever new system I end up getting. (if so, can can you recommend a decent pump.

Thanks,

P.S. The current system does not have a seperate hot water thermostat, don't know if this is relevant but thought I'd mention it anyway

Sponsored Links
You don't say what the pressure of hot and cold water is (height of feed tank base above shower rose). This is critical to function of shower. It may be that the new cartridge is not suitable for the (low?) pressures you have. Do not confuse flow rate with pressure.

chrishutt said:
You don't say what the pressure of hot and cold water is (height of feed tank base above shower rose). This is critical to function of shower. It may be that the new cartridge is not suitable for the (low?) pressures you have. Do not confuse flow rate with pressure.

From memory I'd say I have between 12-18" drop from the feed tank to the shower head. Only put a thermostatic cartridge in because Aqualiser said I'd get a better shower.

No idea of pressure, but I have almost no flow through the shower now.

Any advice welcome as I know I can't get a plumber out to it before Xmas !!

The pressure is 12" head of water (0.03 Bar) - i.e. very low. This is almost certainly inadequate for the valve - didn't Aqualisa ask about available pressure? They should have. Suggest you ring them again and ask for an explanation.

Sponsored Links
Will ask Aqualiser for their comments, do you think returning to a manual cartridge will help then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back