Aquapanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchaed 2 panels to put in my bathroom that are going to go around my toilet which I will then tile onto.

Do I really need to purchase aquapanel screws ?
Or can i just use drywall screws that I would use with plasterboard.

Also I am cutting the board into 3 and butting them up together.

I'm assuming I dont need any tape or adhesive as I'm just tiling over ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think the aquapanel screws are designed to screw through the board without pre-drilling, and will counter sink themselves flush as they have a special cutting head. Expensive though, but saves time when screwing onto batons or stud wall.

I've used drywall screws, but you have to drill the board and countersink. Aquapanel is heavy so use plenty of screws if you can. Don't stress the board by overtightening screws. It can crack quite easily, but won't totally break due to the mesh lining.

Spax or Reisser R2 cutter screws will be OK, as they self drill and self Countersink. I prefer them to AP screws.

Jason

Sponsored Links
I got the tape just to be on the safe side.

Horridble stuff to work with though, that was the worst part of my bathroom refurb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back