Arcam amp - removing top cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tripped on one of the speaker cables which has damaged the posts it was plugged into. I suspect that if I can work out how to remove the cover it will be easy to fix - I can get the part from Arcam, and use the other set of posts in the meantime.

However... I removed the two Torx screws from each side, and the two small ones at the back and the cover is not wanting to come off. It feels free at the back and attached at the front of the amp.

I found the maintenance manual online, but it doesn't explain this basic procedure!

Has anyone every done this? If so, your advice will be appreciated.

It's a Diva A65 if that makes a difference.

Sponsored Links
I do'n't know about that particular unit but many amplifiers and ancillary gear are fixed at the back and clipped under a lip at the front. Try lifting the back slightly and pulling backwards.

It does of course help to remove all THREE screw from the back!

Then the top simply slides off.

However the repair isn't as easy as I'd hoped - it looks like it might be necessary to remove the main board - so now I'm looking for a HiFi repair shop in the Dundee - Perth - Glasgow - Edinburgh area.

In the interim I think it will be fine to use the other set of speaker posts.

Sponsored Links
Consider contacting Arcam direct, I used Mission to repair a Cyrus amp a few years back was a pretty good service. At least you know the engineers will know the amp inside out.

I have done similar sorts of repairs on a couple of ARCAM AV amps for customers. These were AVR300s and both repaired onsite. One had a broken speaker post and the other needed a new main board. The AVRs are a bit more complex because of the additional circuits, all the extra backpanel connections and the extra power amp channels.

Fixing your A65 won't be as challenging. It could be couriered down, repaired, and couriered back in 4-5 days.

Chris Frost, thanks, will bear you in mind if I can't find someone local. Care to contact me privately with an estimate? I have a clear picture of the damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back