Architeckt 1 1/2" Chrome Shower Waste with Removable Gr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
First link is to a shower waste.

Second is to a combined waste and trap.

So you need to buy a trap. Ones for made specially for showers tend to be very shallow as there's often limited clearance.

hi Chris, thanks for the reply.

Can you post a link to the part I need?

I also have a cheapo shower waste and trap that came with the shower pack I bought, but the metal waste I bought does not fit into the trap as the threaded part is much longer.

See here for photos:

metal waste screwed into plastic trap. metal waste threaded section is too long:

plastic and metal waste side by side:

Sponsored Links
Whats this shower waste running to ie a soil stack or hopper etc ?
As you have different regs for seals on traps for different situations.

ok, so I'm fitting this now.

Should I cut this down so that it fits into the trap (see pics above)?

Also the diameter seems slightly off. It does not sit well in the recess for the waste in the tray. The diameter of waste is slightly too large.

Maybe this product is for something else?

You should be OK cutting the waste to length if you are using the trap in your picture. In that case the thread just holds everything together. It doesn't contribute to keeping the water in. That is the job of the rubber washer that fits in the recess in the top of the trap and seals against the underside of the shower tray. There is no need (and usually no room) for a washer between the waste and top of the tray, although some (many?) like to apply a smear of LSX or a similar sealant there.

If you were to use a different trap setup, then the waste fitting may need securing with a backnut.
Sealing the joint between the waste and top of the tray, and the waste and backnut threads would become essential, as would maintaining the square finish to the end of the thread, where a conventional 'S' or 'P' trap would fit, using a thin fibre washer or 'O'ring seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back