Architect costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just after some advice please.

Based in Yorkshire and have recently moved into a house that we want to do some work on. Looking to add a bathroom and bedroom above a flat roof garage and 4m single storey extension off the kitchen. Also going to increase the length of the living room by removing the overhang (late 60's house) and render the front. We're estimating the total cost of all the work will be around £100k.

We need an architect for the following:

Planning drawings and submission
Building reg plans
Structural engineer fees (going to need some steel to support load bearing walls)
Building control

Can anybody give me a ball park figure of what we should be expecting to pay for an architect before I start arranging consultations? Is it usually 5 - 10% of the total cost as I've read online? I appreciate details are lacking but just after a rough idea. Appreciate there will be a council planning fee to add to the above.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I'm in east Yorkshire. Just submitted plans to the council.

I used an architect technician: £1000 for plans and submission to council.
Planning application fee: £206
I have negotiated a further £600 for regs drawings by the AT. To be done after planning is granted.
Full plans application to council: £400 ish.
Had a structural engineer quote: £500. 4 big steels within that.

So all in around £2700

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back