Architects insultation requirements?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

My architect has specified Kingspan TW55 and TP10 for my loft conversion.

Questions is, is there a cheaper alternative and if so, will building regs care about if Architect has specified one brand and I install another?

Sponsored Links
BC will accept any kind of PIR, there may be some slight variations with the thermal conductivity across different brands so watch that. Ecotherm or Mannock and a few other brands exist.

BC will accept any kind of PIR, there may be some slight variations with the thermal conductivity across different brands so watch that. Ecotherm or Mannock and a few other brands exist.
Great, thanks! Assume therefore if Celotex is coming out cheaper than Ecotherm here, i go with Celotex? They're advising Ecotherm is a cheaper alternative to Kingspan - not sure why they're not advising Celotex unless i'm missing something?

Sponsored Links
On a related note, he's also specified gable end insulation of 140mm with "00mm TW55" - has he missed a digit there or does 00mm insulation exist?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back