Ardex FA20 floor levelling compound - has anybody used this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to level out a dip in a t&g chipboard floating floor before laying a laminate covering, and have been recommended to use Ardex FA20 floor levelling compound: http://www.ardex.co.uk/Store/tabid/96/ProdID/3/Default.aspx

I'm just wondering whether anybody has any experience with this product, and can tell me whether it has any 'self-levelling' properties or whether it needs the skills of a plasterer to trowel it to an acceptable finish?

I haven't used this before and am thinking it would be good to know what it's properties are before I pour it out over the floor and then start to panic!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Gteat smoothing compound that. Mark the dip with a pencil then use a metal feather edge or a straight skirting board to drag over the screed an fill the void. Prime the wood 1st.
You could use any fibre reinforced screeding compound like level flex or Webber. Mapei renovation. F ball 700. Just a few you meant want to look at.

Thanks Dazlight.

I have a bag of the FA20 already, and also the Ardex P51 primer, so I'm all ready to go. Just need the confidence now - it seems to be Ardex's only levelling compound that's not described as 'self-levelling', so I wasn't sure about how much finishing it requires.

Also noticed that it says on the tech sheet that you can apply this from a thickness of 3mm upwards: does this mean you can't feather it out at the edges? If so, how would I get a nice finish around the edges if levelling a dip in the middle of the room?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
You can feather it out mate so not too worry. It's has more strength at 3mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back