Are all condensor dryers as bad as my new Hotpoint CDT80G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought i would share my findings and experience with this model.

I ordered this along with a new washing machine because I have always had Hotpoint washers and dryers in the past. I read all the available literature from the internet site where I ordered the goods and felt confident the said goods would be suitable for what i wanted.

How wrong i was. And as from the customer support/relations from this company, what a joke.

I have always had vented dryers in the past but after reading about condenser dryers i though this would save me the hassle of hiring a core drill to hack a 110mm hole through the new extension, and also give me more choice of where the item could live.

Unpacked item, switched it on to be greeted by one h ell of a noisy thing :eek: I thought ok, I can live with the noise because it will be in the utility room.

So in goes the first load of wet clothes. Set the machine to the "AUTOMATIC" sensor dryness setting and off it goes.

1 hour 20 mins later and the thing is still going, clothes still wet through . It has filled the utility room with moisture, the windows are p iss wet through, the tilled floor looks as if someone has spilt water all over it and the adjacent room (kitchen) is also suffering from wet windows, floor and so on.

I rang up hotpoint and explained the problem and the reply i got was " you need to vent the room" :eek: WHAT??? Ok so you need a good supply of air in there but they said i need to open the back door in there so fresh air can get in and also so the warm damp air can escape :LOL: what a joke.

"If i knew this i would have got the vented model" I said. The reply was, "well you should have read the instruction manual before you purchased it" How the h ell can i read the manual without first buying the item.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, If you have always had vented dryers and are thinking of going for a condenser DONT. they are 100% S HIT.

And as for hotpoint, well i still rate their goods but as for their customer service? well thats a joke.

Sponsored Links
Would you buy Indesit?
Well, you have done. Indesit own Ariston, Creda, Cannon, Hotpoint and Indesit and a few others as well.
Condenser dryers do work, they still need some form of ventilation such as a window cracked open. They don't need a door open. My own one is in a cupboard and runs just fine. Mind you, my one is White Knight, made by Crosslee and badged by others such as Bosch.
They aren't as efficient as vented dryers though and if I could I'd go for vented every time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back