Are Aqualisa Quartz Showers any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to invest in a new shower for the family bathroom and don't mind spending a little to get a good shower. The Quartz range of pumped showers seem to be good value considering they include the pump. But are they good quality and will the pump be sufficient for a reasonable shower? I don't need to be blown off my feet...but a good spray would be nice..
Ta

Sponsored Links
THey have a good reputation. Guy on plumbingpages forum enthuses.
Aquastreams are pretty good too.

the local aqualisa engineer here swears by the quartz but sez if you can stretch to the axis you won't be dissapointed.

I bought and installed the Aqualisa axis digital about 2 months ago and its brilliant. Used the existing gravity fed 15mm hot and cold pipes that ran to my old manual mixer to feed the pump (they are designed for fitting into these old gravity fed systems) and no probs. Get around 1.4 bar on normal operation (which is loads for me) and switching to boost ups that to around 2+. Have installed the pump in loft above shower (as designed to do) and it was a little noisy vibrating on the rafters. Luckily the room is at the end of the house so I have now fixed it to the gable end which has improved things, but you don't get silent running (but do you with any of the pumped systems !). My local vendors were asking around £770, thought I'd found a bargain on net for £650, did one last search with different engine before I bought and bingo, found it for £546.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, bit the bullet and bought a Quartz, Axis looks good but a wee bit expensive for my taste. Pump and control unit being very low profile is just the thing for putting alongside the bath...

As I said in earlier post, you needn't have paid more than £546 for the surface mounted, pumped.....
Will be interested to know where you mount the pump and the noise factor you get from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back