Are electric showers better than they used to be?

4 litres per minute isn't good.

Doesn't have to be done all at once.

Use the combi for a mixer shower today
add a hot water cylinder or some other HW storage device later (can be heated by the combi)
ASHP when the combi needs to be replaced.
Maybe not compared to a power shower but excellent compared to a bath shower mixer tap which many people still use for washing and rinsing hair. So I would say an electric shower of the right current is absolutely fine.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Maybe not compared to a power shower but excellent compared to a bath shower mixer tap which many people still use for washing and rinsing hair. So I would say an electric shower of the right current is absolutely fine.

I agree. Mine is 9.5Kw, and for the purpose it is designed for, getting a wash - it is perfectly fine and practical. I manage with a much less flow of water, in my caravans shower, when away in that.

Quite alot of Hotels now, especially in Spain only flow 6LPM through their (Eco) shower heads, depends on what you are used to I suppose, I have thermal solar with lashings of HW for 6 months of the year but my gravity fed shower only flows 5LPM which I've always found quite adequate, I also have a 9.0kw electric shower.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Quite alot of Hotels now, especially in Spain only flow 6LPM through their (Eco) shower heads, depends on what you are used to I suppose, I have thermal solar with lashings of HW for 6 months of the year but my gravity fed shower only flows 5LPM which I've always found quite adequate, I also have a 9.0kw electric shower.

Correct! If what want a shower for is the purpose of getting washed all over, in the warm, with the minimum of fuss - then a modern, higher power electric hits that spot.

They have come a long way, since the temperature was entirely set by the rate of flow. Decent ones now, you just dial-in the temperature you want, and the control system adjusts the power and flow to match what you have set, within a wide range of pressure variation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back