Are Ikea kitchens any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More a question - are the door fronts and drawer fronts any good. The carcases are good enough and the drawer linings ok too. We had an Ikea kicthen a few years ago in our previous house and I thought it was great in all respects - had the flush oak veneered doors with solid oak lipping.

Looking at Ikeas current range, I'm not so impressed. Theres some plain fronts which are painted MDF presumably where the paint seems to indent easily. The solid oak doors are a better bet but dearer. We're tending toward the Applad White which is the painted one I've just mentioned but am mindful about colour changing over time.

Do Ikea white painted kitchen doors darken ie yellow over a few years?

Sponsored Links
Can't say I know about colour changing on white, but all solid wood will mellow over time as you probaby know.
Avoid the base cabinets with pull out storage because the doors are only fixed to a low drawer box and they tend to come loose or lean forward within weeks. Plus, opening one drawer to get to another is a right royal pain in the...
My friends had their kitchen done just before Christmas and have been complaining about them already.

Its not painted but lacquered so don't discolour any more than any other kitchen range.

Sponsored Links
I've heard the units don't leave space for services so can be trickier to install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back