Are speed cameras racist?

williams89 said:
More black people get arrested because more black people commit crimes pro rata of the population.

Or is it because more police 'attention' is given to black people?..After all, it is also a fact that blacks receive on average, harsher jail terms than white people..

And there is a very interesting part in this report..

Each numberplate is also checked with the police national computer, where vehicles suspected of links to crimes such as robberies are flagged up.

Is it not possible that the collation of data relating to 'suspicion' could be biased?..

Sponsored Links
I wonder if they bother going after the ones that are just untaxed/uninsured?

supersparky said:
mcb isnt really the same thing as thats a religion and although im white if i was a muslim i could join as with christian/jewish ect faiths

organisations based on colour are racist though, because as a white i couldent join either of them even if i was a police officer/lawyer because i am white

that was the point i was making, could christian/jewish etc faiths join the mcb? The point i was making is if you have your own, ie BPA or MCB you are not seen to be intergrating, but pulling yourself into a group or association/council whos members need to be black or muslim. Do we have a catholic/jewish/seek/hindu/budist counsil of britain? do we have a white police association? Do you think white people are under represented in the BPA. ;)

I know an absolutely sure-fire way of not getting caught by speed cameras.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
I wonder if they bother going after the ones that are just untaxed/uninsured?

YES,YES,YES. They alwas stop for tax. Whats more it has nothing to do with the police. They act only as agents for D V L A. It is not a police mater. Ask any officer and he/she will confirm this for you. That is if you can find one.

BE HAPPY

Generally if you have done nothing against the law then no matter what your race colour creed you have nothing to worry about and should be pleased that the police are doing their job. That is when they are actually doing their job. Speed cameras collect revenue for the government but in most cases they also cut accident rates. Speeding in the wrong areas should be punished. 70 mph on the motorway is set too low for me but there will be some egghead to prove me wrong

BE HAPPY

I live in Stoke-On-Trent and I can remember watching an episode of Police Camera Action (I think it was?) a couple of years back on ITV.
Part of this episode was filmed from Stoke and showed the local Traffic Police carrying out random stop checks on a stretch of road leading into the city centre which also happens to be in one of the the city's main Asian communities.
According to one particular officer he randomly stopped 5 cars in a row, all driven by black/asains. Each of the 5 drivers stopped were either driving without insurance or without tax.
Now It probably wont be too long before someone like Banallsheds jumps onto the bandwagon now but it does seem to me that a lot of drivers who are perhaps only visiting our country have this attitude that our laws do not apply to them and if they think they have half a chance of getting away with it they will.
In fact this is actually a big problem in this area but the local Police do seem generally reluctant to stop blacks and asians because they would automatically be accused of being racist. Even if every asian they stopped was found to be driving illegally they would still be branded racists despite the fact that they had caught these people and removed them from the roads.
I don't think I am a racist and I say it how I see it and TBH I really couldn't care less if somebody called me a racist anyway. I just happen to know right from wrong and if it just so happens to be that in some areas most driving offenses are committed mostly by blacks and asians, then the subject to racism doesn't even come into it. ;)

williams89 said:
They alwas stop for tax. Whats more it has nothing to do with the police. They act only as agents for D V L A. It is not a police mater.

Do you mean it is not an offence to "fail to display a tax disc?"

I was once stopped for it (the disk had fallen off the winsdcreen that morning as not firmly stuck on). Mind you I was a young lad in an old car with some other young lads so an obvious bad 'un.

it is but you generally find that the police reprt the matter to the dvla if the excise licemce is the only offence.
If there is more than one offence at the given time then the police will prosecute for all the offences.

Sponsored Links
Back