Are speed cameras racist?

Sponsored Links
"Although ANPR technology is impartial, the disproportionate number of blacks being arrested has prompted the Met to investigate. "

WHY Investigate!!!!??????,

if they are breaking the law ,Tough sh*t....whatever colour....

Would they call it sexist if more blokes were caught than women? The fact is if anyone breaks the law they risk being prosecuted regardless of creed, colour, sex etc.

edit: I agree 100% Moz.

I see "The Met has deployed six mobile ANPR camera units in the capital, primarily in areas with high levels of street crime."

As they are deployed in selected areas, the pattern of drivers caught might be affected by the racial mix of people in the area where they are deployed.

Maybe they have deployed them in Brixton.

I expect if they were deployed in Hampstead Garden Suburb, most of the people they caught would be white.

In my area most of the motorcycling criminals (illegal pipes, exceeding speed limits etc) are white men over 40. Most of the vandalism, fighting and petty street crime is white males under 20. Most of the burglary is white males over 20. This area is predominantly white.

Until we see representative samples of criminals in all areas with differeing racial mixes, it is too early to say which racial groups contain a higher proportion of criminals.

Sponsored Links
People who break the law by not having insurance/tax/MOT deserve what they get, they can put one of those cameras on every corner for me and do everyone who drives illegally. The more of these law breakers off the roads the better imo.

Spark123 said:
People who break the law by not having insurance/tax/MOT deserve what they get, they can put one of those cameras on every corner for me and do everyone who drives illegally. The more of these law breakers off the roads the better imo.

I have no prob with doing it in all areas.

JohnD
I understand your point about placement an agree fully .....but if the areas they are in are catching criminals surely they are placed correctly ....whatever skin colour ... or do we not place them in ethnic areas just to placate them ?

Like you, I have no idea if they would catch more criminals/fewer criminals/the same number of criminals if they were deployed in other areas, so its hard to say if they are placed correctly or should be circulated in diffferent areas so no-one knows if they will be caught.

JohnD
I hope I wasnt appearing all slogger like with my posts ...;)

Peter Herbert, an independent member of the MPA and spokesman for the Society of Black Lawyers, said: “The Met really wants to avoid any allegation of disproportionality so they will seek to explain these figures by whatever nuance they can. The targeting of certain boroughs might be justified in terms of some crime, but it’s certainly not justified in terms of all crime.”

driving offences being one. Who pointed this out and i dont mean you joe http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2179561,00.html

who sits there doing the % of whos black and whos white this causes problems. what next the 36% of whites and 9% of asians feel they are not getting their fair share ;)

"Peter Herbert, an independent member of the MPA and spokesman for the Society of Black Lawyers"

ERRRRRR....if it was a society of white lawyers then all teh do gooders would have a fit calling them nazis, racists ect, so why can there be a BLACK only one??

double blodey standards again

thaught we wanted equality in this blodey country

oh and its *******s, dosnt matter what colour you are, if your breaking the law you need to be caught, i pay enough to stay legal

why say "well you dident do him for it"

well if you wernt breaking the law you wouldent get done would you for ****s sake, theres always a race issue isnt there, its never just coincidence, probrably keeps somone in a job someware

cant beleve it, were wasting money looking into this kind of thing

"you have no tax, no insurance and your wheels are falling off, but were not going to do you for it because your black and we cant be seen as racist" :cry:

supersparky said:
"Peter Herbert, an independent member of the MPA and spokesman for the Society of Black Lawyers"

ERRRRRR....if it was a society of white lawyers then all teh do gooders would have a fit calling them nazis, racists ect, so why can there be a BLACK only one??

I guess they will have to talk to these guys.

http://www.nationalbpa.com/

mcb isnt really the same thing as thats a religion and although im white if i was a muslim i could join as with christian/jewish ect faiths

organisations based on colour are racist though, because as a white i couldent join either of them even if i was a police officer/lawyer because i am white

jbonding said:
Peter Herbert, an independent member of the MPA and spokesman for the Society of Black Lawyers, said: “The Met really wants to avoid any allegation of disproportionality so they will seek to explain these figures by whatever nuance they can. The targeting of certain boroughs might be justified in terms of some crime, but it’s certainly not justified in terms of all crime.”

driving offences being one. Who pointed this out and i dont mean you joe http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2179561,00.html

who sits there doing the % of whos black and whos white this causes problems. what next the 36% of whites and 9% of asians feel they are not getting their fair share ;)
The society of black lawyers. Lets have a society of white lawyers and see what sort of sh*t storm the colonials kick up. More black people get arrested because more black people commit crimes pro rata of the population.

Sponsored Links
Back