Are the old ones still the best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

Will try to keep this short & sweet first....

My situation is I've been given a washing machine from a friend (Hoover AC328), can't find manuals for it, know little about it but that he said he'd had no bother with it apart from a leaky hose which I've changed.

Problem lies in the fact that my humble wee home has a very narrow kitchen, which will mean that I'll need to remove worktops etc to get the washer in, making it a nightmare to remove if it breaks down, but possible if I do it right.

What I'm pondering is.... Do I trust the old(ish) washer as it's past it's wear in period, or get a brand spanker which may fail after a few washes if I get a wrong'un :?:

I know you'll think, well it's your choice really mate, so really I'm asking if anyone time served can shed light on reliabillity of Hoover, my model in particular. My mum had a washer for 15 years no probs, decided to replace it and went through five breaking down within a few weeks - all guarentee's honoured so no probs for her, but will be a ball ache for me :(

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that matey, it's only got 5 buttons - that's £1.00 a button! If it's a combined service manual I'd get it, but think I've nailed everything a user guide covers.

Thing that's started my brain ticking now is this washer has no front access to clean the filter, depending on how bad they clog up I may have to pass on it. Thinking of environment & pocket I'd hate to skip something that works though :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back