Brand new Hotpoint Aquarius not spinning emptying/rinsing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am really *very* *very* angry right now.

Never ever buy a Hotpoint Aquarius. Just don't. Ever.

I'm rooming at a friend's house and he replaced the washing machine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was away when he bought the new machine a Hotpoint Aquarius.

I have just done my first wash in it - or tried to. The machine has failed.

The machine was sitting there blinking away with the washing still wet and unspun. I tried spinning it, reducing the spin speed and spinning again and so on. Then I tried to go through the full wash cycle again and it did the same thing except now there was visible water in the drum.

I've got one pair of jeans, four pairs of sock, two shirts, two blouses and some underwear in there. I don't consider that overloaded or a heavy load. The machine is after all meant to be able to cope with a 7Kg load.

I set the machine to empty out and the water in the drum just didn't move.
So I pinged the front off at the bottom and attempted to undo the filter.
I could not hear the water in the machine moving until I started to turn the filter cap. So I left it to empty on its own but the water level in the drum didn't shift at all. At this stage no water was coming out the filter cap.

I therefore deduce I have a blocked filter.

To get the machine to empty I have had to undo the filter cap more so that the water comes out that way. I left the pump supposedly emptying the machine while I did this and heard it click off while there was still water coming out the filter. That never happened with the Candy I had but then it never blocked the filter. When I cleaned the filter out on that there was no appreciable water in it.

I've used three towels to help catch the water coming out the filter and I bet the person downstairs will be really happy with the rest coming into his kitchen.

Finally the water level in the drum has shifted and I have taken the jeans out and set it to a slow spin - which it really should be able to manage for two blouses two t-shirts and underwear and socks!

I've just checked and its all flashing again, Lovely the filter hasn't cleared if it is the filter and I'll start running out of towels soon.

One thing is sure, my local launderette will be really happy to see me come in with a load of wet dirty laundry.

What I did notice is that, when I initially moved the filter, I could then hear water running. Having checked the troubleshooting guide I suspect the filter has got blocked.

Given it's a new machine only a few weeks old plus there are no super furry animals in the place and my friend has been using the washing machine with no problems, I can only conclude it's just my luck that a piece of clothing has been dragged out of the drum and into the water draining channels.

In the 21st century Hotpoint can't design a machine to avoid this problem.

I can't recommend these machines to anyone. I have used Hoover, Electrolux, Candy and Siemens washing machines and never had a problem - my clothing style hasn't changed - I might have bought a few new socks and T-shirts over the years but they're all similar and they have all been through these other washing machines absolutely fine.

The worst case scenarios I have had to deal with is replacing motor brushes and door seals on the Hoover and the Electrolux. I had to leave the 1 year old Candy behind when I left rented accommodation and the Siemens is my Mum's which I sometimes use when I visit her. None of them swallow clothes.

In my view this machine is a piece of ****.

I think I'll be back down the launderette tonight getting my towels and my washing done

Repeat : NEVER EVER BUY ONE OF THESE MACHINES!!!!!!!!!

Regards

L.

Sponsored Links
sink spigot blocked remove blue cap :LOL:

Call out the manufacturer, Indesit, if it's a coin or something that shouldn't be in the machine it will be a chargeable call.

Thanks rocks1 and sleepyhead.

Not exactly sure what a sink spigot is. Any pointers of where to look for it would be appreciated.

Pat's just tried it on the same program with nothing in and it's done the same thing.

Apparently it is under a years warranty.

Regards

L.

Sponsored Links
spigot is on the sink trap under sink also call p trap is the waste pipe connected to it :?:

p1058922_l.jpg

Hi

rocks you rock :D

The washing m/c waste goes into a thing on the sink trap - the spigot I guess - and it was blocked with feathers.

Someone in this place has feather pillows and duvets and doesn't clear the feathers off before washing the bedclothes. Whereas I gave up on feathers ages ago.

First time I have seen that arrangement too. Almost all my washing machines have emptied into a vertical pipe which then fed into the waste system on a larger pipe. Less blockages that way I guess.

At least I know where the weak point is.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards

L.

I therefore deduce I have a blocked filter.
Wrong.

What I did notice is that, when I initially moved the filter, I could then hear water running. Having checked the troubleshooting guide I suspect the filter has got blocked.
Wrong.

I can only conclude it's just my luck that a piece of clothing has been dragged out of the drum and into the water draining channels.
Wrong. Almost certifiably so.

In the 21st century Hotpoint can't design a machine to avoid this problem.
Wrong.

In my view this machine is a piece of ****.
Wrong.

The washing m/c waste goes into a thing on the sink trap - the spigot I guess - and it was blocked with feathers.
:rolleyes:

I have a similar problem, but I know exactly were the blockage is everytime.

It's always in the bending tube that goes from the machine to the spigot, (sink). And its always a yellow fatty wedge.

At first I though it was getting blocked at the sink, but its i the middle of the tubing. I can't understand why?

Only thing I can think of is the angle of the tube.

Any other ideas?

If it is in the waste pipe from the washing machine I would check to see if the spigot is pointing up or down.

If the spigot is pointing downwards I would suspect dirty water etc going down the waste hose when you empty the sink or the dishwasher (if connected and at the same level).

Point the spigot at and angle upwards

It is currently tilting at a 45 degree angle. I'll try it tilting more upwards.

Cheers.

so it wasnt the hotpoint being rubbish!

poor poor machine being called like that, i bet its sad now :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back