Are there any "slimmer" sockets available.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time to decorate the spare bedroom - which only has a single socket mounted on the wall above the skirt. It is on a pattress that is about 2" (47mm?) and looks a bit unsightly and bulky. I'd like to replace it with a sleek double socket. Rather than gouge out the wall to fit a new box and socket I wonder whether there are any "nice" sockets that fit any of the "slimmer" pattresses that I note are available - i.e - 17mm/25mm/35mm.

Any thoughts, recommendations or comments welcome.

John

Sponsored Links
you can just use the smaller boxes but you need to allow room for the back of the socket and the wires sticking out

if the box is to small youll have trouble getting the front on you should be ok with 35mm probably 25mm but check first

Not an Electrician, But could you not sink a double box into the wall or if its a hollow wall Screw fix part number 36960 @ 0.99p :LOL:

when you're decorating it's the ideal time to fit different or additional sockets, since the chasing or cutting of the wall will be filled and painted over anyway.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
when you're decorating it's the ideal time to fit different or additional sockets, since the chasing or cutting of the wall will be filled and painted over anyway.

Thanks John & Jon. I have done this many times in my house but it is a real pain drilling and gouging out the plaster and the brickwork for the sunken pattress - no hollow walls for me !

Its not difficult to chop a couple of sockets in. The end result will be well worth your efforts.

Look how slim and neat it could be!

flatplate.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back