Are these available in the UK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a pair of these roof brackets from the Home Depot (B&Q) in the US while on a tool shopping spree filling my trolly and wondering if id get it back on the plane! Rather like a woman in a jewelry shop except what I bought was usuefull and not over priced!

Anyway I forgot to consider slate length and these arent long enough to hook onto the nails (there designed for American shingles). Im looking to modify them but they were only $10 each about £6 so it might not be worth the hassle.

Are they available here in the UK for slate roofs?

Sponsored Links
They arent i used ones similar when i was working in newyork except they where adjustable for the angle also.You could probs get them shipped from here http://josephjenkins.com/store/home.php[/QUOTE]

It is actually the adjustable ones I bought just couldnt find a pic. Ive looked at all roofing places in the UK and phoned my local roofing supplier.

Why arent they available here? Please tell me that everyone isnt having to make their own due to health and safety not allowing them to be sold?

Sponsored Links
I have looked at a couple of videos on this and see often people are using the roof hooks ive bought but they are removing a slate to fix them to the roof?

Is this to allow more than one fixing?

Is sliding a roof hook under a slate to catch on the one nail not the done thing?

I have been using the hall hook for replacing the odd cracked slate and it works well but it seems kind of daft to remove perfectly good slates to fix roof hooks.

Thanks

Slate nails aren't designed to take the weight of a person, no way would I trust even a new one to take my weight let alone one that may have deteriorated over time

Ok youve answered my question then. If Im doing a simply slate repair I'll use my roof ladder. If Im doing a bigger project painting windows soffit and facia round the dormer etc I'll have to remove a couple of slates and fix my roof brackets properly then replace the slates with a Hall Hook.

Thanks

Those ones you put in with two 4 inch nails and there safe as houses the ones in Scotland are completely different our have like a large spike on them thats hit into the rafter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back