are these dodgy dealings /cons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.
ive been looking at getting a newer car and auto trader has come up with a few very cheep vw golfs.3 in particular i emailed and each person has repleid saying similar stories , ill copy n paste 2 of them below..

do you guys think i shouldt toutch them ???

email 1...........................................................................

Please allow me to explain you the deal better, because I am looking for a safe and fast transaction.
Now I am pregnant and because I just divorced my husband, I have decided to give birth in my home country so I have to sell my car and go back to Germany.

The car is locked in my garage in the UK , still UK registered , the problem is that at this moment I am located in Germany .
Due to amount involved, I suggest using the security provided by eBay which will hold the cash. In my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction.
You will receive all appropriate documents along with the vehicle. Naturally, I will sign the section 8 in the V5 form so you can easily transfer the car into your name.

This is how the deal works :
1. The Seller will open the transaction
2. The buyer has to make the payment to eBay's Payment Department and they will deposit the money into their secure account.
3. eBay confirms to the seller that the amount has been received.
4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay if he is satisfied or not
6. eBay will release the money to the seller (in case the buyer is satisfied) or to the buyer (in case that he is not satisfied).

As you can see, you will receive the car BEFORE any money is released to me. From the moment you receive the car you have 5 days to inspect it.
As soon as i have your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS I will contact eBay and they will give you step by step details on how to proceed with the deal and to make the payment .

Please respond quickly
Many thanks

email 2......................................................................................

The problem is that at this moment I am located in Germany for the next 6 months because I've just started a new business here with my sister.

To complete this transaction I can offer you two ways :

1. I can deliver the car to your home address with a cargo trailer truck. The delivery time is around 5 days (depending on your location) and the taxes are around 300GBP up to 600GBP (depending on your location) . Also I will use a third party company so we can both be protected. I will sign also a contract with you before the delivery so the transaction can be a legal one.

2. You can come to Glasgow, make a drive test - go to a representative to inspect the car and only after that pay me in cash. I will provide you insurance of the vehicle so you can drive back with no problems.

Please choose one from these 2 options.

I will wait for your decision.

Regards!

Sponsored Links
Send the email to them,

How to Report Fraud
Help us stop fraud. If you receive a suspicious email, let us and law enforcement know right away.

Step 1: Forward any suspicious emails to us immediately at [email protected]. Don't change the subject line or send it as an attachment-doing so could prevent us from identifying trends and preventing similar scams. To speak directly to a Fraud Watch Customer Service Representative, call 1-877-742-8040 (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. EST).

Step 2: File a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center to inform federal and state law enforcement agencies. Report the fraud to local law enforcement as well.

We strongly recommend that you report fraud to law enforcement (Step 2). AutoTrader.com investigates all reports in an effort to protect our customers against future fraud. However, it's not likely we can help you get your money back. And we can't arrest the thieves who stole it.

Sponsored Links
Forward the E-Mails to 419eater.com. You can then have the pleasure of knowing the To55ers that are trying to scam you will be scammed themselves

Send the email to them,

How to Report Fraud
Help us stop fraud. If you receive a suspicious email, let us and law enforcement know right away.

Step 1: Forward any suspicious emails to us immediately at [email protected]. Don't change the subject line or send it as an attachment-doing so could prevent us from identifying trends and preventing similar scams. To speak directly to a Fraud Watch Customer Service Representative, call 1-877-742-8040 (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. EST).

Step 2: File a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center to inform federal and state law enforcement agencies. Report the fraud to local law enforcement as well.

We strongly recommend that you report fraud to law enforcement (Step 2). AutoTrader.com investigates all reports in an effort to protect our customers against future fraud. However, it's not likely we can help you get your money back. And we can't arrest the thieves who stole it.

hi again.
ok ive forwarded the emails to autotraderfraud.
how though do i report this to law inforcements ??? do you mean just ring 999 n tell the police ?

Forward the E-Mails to 419eater.com. You can then have the pleasure of knowing the To55ers that are trying to scam you will be scammed themselves
do you mean the scamers will be scammed them selves by the people who recieve the emails of the link you gave me there ?
do you think the scammers will be fool enough to fall for an other scam ?

Go to 419.eaters.com and read a few of the case history's, you would not believe how they, the scammers, fall for all sorts of stuff. One of the main members of this site is also a Diynot member.

I would bet a weeks worth of dinners those who have E-Mailed you have North African origins, probably Nigerian.

You will get a lot of pleasure knowing you started a world of grief for the people trying to scam you.

Go to 419.eaters.com and read a few of the case history's, you would not believe how they, the scammers, fall for all sorts of stuff. One of the main members of this site is also a Diynot member.

I would bet a weeks worth of dinners those who have E-Mailed you have North African origins, probably Nigerian.

You will get a lot of pleasure knowing you started a world of grief for the people trying to scam you.

so the site (419.eaters.com ) is all scams yer ??
how though do i get the car scammers to be scammed ? do i send(419.eaters.com ) their email address ???

Yes. They professionally scam the scammers. No cost or bother to you apart from an E-Mail to them with the details. You never know, your scammers may already be on their radar!

Yes. They professionally scam the scammers. No cost or bother to you apart from an E-Mail to them with the details. You never know, your scammers may already be on their radar!

ok. now i have to work out a way to give the car scampers the link . not quite sure how to do it do you just say' im not interested in your car but i saw this link and it will be very interesting to you ' ??

im just after a feasible and foolproof way to get them to look at the site without sounding desperate for them to view it..

Jez.

You do nothing to the scammers. Leave that to the 419 guys. Just E-Mail them, (419), with the details of the suspected scam and they deal with the rest.

Sponsored Links
Back