Are these pipes too low?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a new house and I'm in the middle of having central heating fitted. The plumber has laid the pipes very low.

My father in law just came around and said that we'll struggle to get the carpets changed (which we are planning on doing very soon).

Do these look too low? Am I within my rights to ask them to make them higher?

Sponsored Links
I would have run them above the skirting and clipped them

Well, I dunno about 'within your rights' as such, but I certainly wouldn't be happy with that pipe right close to the ground. As you say, having carpet fitted will be awkward, more prone to damage and pain to clean around (we have a similar pipe in our kitchen, about 1/2 inch of the floor, it's a right pain) I would want it at least higher up on the skirting board , if not above it. (I syuspect it was put there as easier to fix to skirting)

I think the pipes through the wall and angled pipe run looks ugly and messy to me as well (what is the the side that it had to come through so high?) And I don't like unprotected pipes through walls. But that might just be me being fussy.

Hope that grey making good behind isn't covering up a cable run :)

Oh deary me :)
Looks like he's put them down there avoiding the cable. I take it it's a concrete floor?
Even then I would still have him back and get them them raised up, nasty hole in the wall too that he should have made good. Didn't even hoover up after himself ..tsk tsk :)

Sponsored Links
Where did he tie up his horse?

Should be above the cable or on the skirting at best, also can't see any sleeving through the wall.

Agree, get him to raise the Pipes, they will be liable to damage resting on the floor from Vacuum Cleaner etc, Sleeving is missing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back