Sink waste pipe too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps

I need some advice . Long story short I had a cowboy builder in who I got rid of. He done my downstairs toilet hid water and waste pipe all in the wall

I've got a new builder very happy with his work . He redone everything took all tiling off rebonded the walls ! Only issue is before he started he even said the pipes in the wall waste and water are way too low . I told him im going to put a corner basin with chrome waste trap . He re done all the downstairs toilet tiling etc .

Yesterday he fitted the sink and realised the waste pipe is too low he has forgotten to sort this prior to tiling

No he is telling me to get a flexi chrome pipe which I think will look unslightly. I've seen adjustable traps but the problem is the sink hole doesn't even line up with the plastic wasted pipe !

I've attached a pic of the sink and the waste pipe he has suggested

Would this be a lot of work for him to move the pipe up ? He is refusing to do this said too much work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414-115905.png
    Screenshot_20240414-115905.png
    420.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20240414_093726471.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240414_093726471.MP.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
It's probably too much work if you expect it all to be done without any extra cost. If you're happy to pay for it, the tiles can be replaced then it may be fiddly but not impossible.

If it's exposed, the hard part would probably be to get it seamlessly finished.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back