Removing macerator toilet & installing sink in its place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I want to remove a macerator toilet and then put a pedastal sink in its place. The only issue I can think of is that the waste pipe going from the macerator is 21.5mm. I think it is overflow pipe (but it is not an overflow, it is the waste!)

Not wanting to replace all the waste pipes, is 21.5mm too small for a sink waste? If not, are there devices around to reduce the diameter from the bottom of the sink - or from the trap - (32mm?) to 21.5mm so I can connect the sink to the existing waste pipe?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Not wanting to replace all the waste pipes, is 21.5mm too small for a sink waste?
Not my choice of size for a macerator waste def not on a wc.
But it can be used.

are there devices around to reduce the diameter from the bottom of the sink - or from the trap - (32mm?) to 21.5mm so I can connect the sink to the existing waste pipe?

Use a 32mm to 21.5mm reducer.

21-LS3JJIHL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Great, thanks.

Yes, just moved into this house and this toilet has always confused me. Firstly why is it there (in a cupboard in the bedroom) and secondly, isnt the the waste pipe a bit small!

I've only used the toilet once, to see if it worked, but generally do not/would not use it. It seemed to work, other than the macerator not turning itself off but I was amazed that solid waste could get down such a small pipe - and presumably has been for years for the previous owners.

The waste pipe runs for about 6m down to join the proper toilet waste from the bathroom toilet. Annoyingly, it runs under the floor, not outside, which is why I don't really want to replace it. But it sounds like it should be ok for a sink with that reducer.

cheers

isnt the the waste pipe a bit small!
Many mi's will state 21.5mm is ok for a wc but i won't useally install on less than 32mm.

It seemed to work, other than the macerator not turning itself off

Could be the flow switch sticking inside.

why is it there (in a cupboard in the bedroom)
some can be placed further back than just behind the wc ie like yours.

Sponsored Links
A Macerator turns "Solid" waste into "Slurry" thats how it can pass down small bore pipe
I would not fit one in my house for any price!! :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back