Are we THIS stupid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every time I hear of one of the unwashed US states passing some law to make schools teach Creationism or Intelligent Design as a valid scientific theory, I shake my head, smile smugly and think "That would NEVER happen over here!".

Oh boy...

More than half the British population does not accept the theory of evolution, according to a survey of *******
(the blue text is mine)

Apparently 44% of those questioned reckon Creationism should be taught IN SCIENCE! Not in RE, no. Science.

Of course, they don't go on to explain the further reaching implications of Creationism. People get hung up on the biological aspect, but what about the universe being created in 7 days? What about the Big Bang?

What next, are we going to have alchemy classes in Chemistry?! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you go back to the very beginning then there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. If there was something then where did that something come from. It must have come from God. If there was nothing, what acted upon the nothing to make it a something? It must be God.

There ya go. I've just proved that God exists and that all things in the Universe come from Him.

Live with it.

joe

joe-90 said:
If there was nothing, what acted upon the nothing to make it a something?

If there was nothing, where was God? Nothing is nothing, if there was God, then there was something.

Your theory unproven.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Apparently 44% of those questioned reckon Creationism should be taught IN SCIENCE! Not in RE, no. Science.

Why not? Surely that is what science is all about, making observations, forumlating theories and seeing if the data fits.

AdamW said:
but what about the universe being created in 7 days?

I don't recall that bit. Only about earth and all that is in it being created in 6 days, the 7th day was a day of rest?

AdamW said:
What about the Big Bang?

It's a theory.

AdamW said:
What next, are we going to have alchemy classes in Chemistry?! :LOL:

Why not, as before, one of the main aims of teaching science is to foster an enquiring mind, not simply teach "facts"

WoodYouLike said:
Your theory unproven.

Theories cannot be proven only disproven.

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:
If there was nothing, what acted upon the nothing to make it a something?

If there was nothing, where was God? Nothing is nothing, if there was God, then there was something.

Your theory unproven.

Science tells us that you cannot get something from nothing. Ergo, that something must have come from a source. Call that source whatever you like - but most people call it God.

joe

joe-90 said:
If you go back to the very beginning then there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing is still nothing, absolutely nothing is absolutely nothing, so no God (God is something isn't it?)

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:
If you go back to the very beginning then there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing is still nothing, absolutely nothing is absolutely nothing, so no God (God is something isn't it?)

God is that which was never created. God is that which has always been and always will be. That's what God means.

joe

WoodYouLike said:
so there was something after all. No absolute nothingness.

Yes. That is the proof og God. If there was nothing that became a something - that proves God too. Nothing is the absence of something. So that all that is 'something' must have come from somewhere. Most people call that somewhere God. You call it what you like, they can't touch you for it.

joe

joe-90 said:
If there was nothing that became a something - that proves God too. Nothing is the absence of something.

No don't agree, only proofs that there was something all along.

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:
If there was nothing that became a something - that proves God too. Nothing is the absence of something.

There was something all along. Most people call it God - what do you call it?

joe

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:

"all along" assumes that time exists, one of the tenets of big bang theory is there was no time prior to the big bang.

More than half the British population does not accept the theory of evolution, according to a survey

Whats wrong with that, for me the above says it all "THEORY OF EVOLUTION", and it is just that just a THEORY. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back