Are you a new(ish) Baxi customer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the end of the process of installing a new Baxi 228, I found it doa (dead on arrival i.e. faulty coming out of the box) and had to break the news to a not too happy customer.
If that wasn't bad enough, Baxi told me that the absolute earliest they could get an engineer out was SIX DAYS!!! My suggestion of taking the boiler off the wall and swapping it was rejected out of hand as well.
Am I just very unlucky or has the Baxi brand quality plummeted since they were taken over by a foreign company?
Please be objective and fair with your replies, regardless of whether you think Baxi are still the best of all or have gone completely down the pan.

Sponsored Links
I Always fit baxi boilers.have only ever had 1 dead in the box.Had a warranty call last week and baxi sorted the next day.I do not fit loads of boilers,maybe two or 3 a month.

That dies not sound right Ben. Unless it was fitted immediately before Xmas or NY, so weekend and bank hols get in the way.

IIRC, if on the Baxi list, a call before 10 am guarantees next day. Non list men are not far behind. It is easy to be registered and doesn't require lots of sales

Sponsored Links
At the end of the process of installing a new Baxi 228, I found it doa (dead on arrival i.e. faulty coming out of the box) and had to break the news to a not too happy customer.
If that wasn't bad enough, Baxi told me that the absolute earliest they could get an engineer out was SIX DAYS!!! My suggestion of taking the boiler off the wall and swapping it was rejected out of hand as well.
Am I just very unlucky or has the Baxi brand quality plummeted since they were taken over by a foreign company?
Please be objective and fair with your replies, regardless of whether you think Baxi are still the best of all or have gone completely down the pan.

Why are you posting this here Ben. Rather than the CC?

Why are you posting this here Ben. Rather than the CC?

That was my first thought.

Got to say, Baxi are good in my local area. The rep is spot on.

But, If I had one “DOA” I would want it sorting ASAP. Next day, or as Ben said “change the boiler” 6 days is outrageous

bengasman are you on the list of baxi approved installers ?
Not that it makes any difference to Baxi offering a six day wait for a doa product, but I am fully trained, qualified and certified to install any and all g20 boilers up to 230,000 btu unless they are specifically designed for commercial use like the Remeha Quinta and also specifically trained and certified for a number of Baxi boilers.

i think you’ll find that old&bold was implying that you’d be entitled to same day response if you were an approved installer

i think you’ll find that old&bold was implying that you’d be entitled to same day response if you were an approved installer

I think if you talked nice, and did not have an axe to grind, there is always a way to sort things quickly.
DOA, I would have looked into it why the boiler was not working and got it going if possible.

i suspect Ben posted here, seldom does, because essentially Baxi is foreign owned. Ben might want to check other manufacturers response when weather is poor like it is at present

Not so long ago I was given a similar appointment, talked with Baxi for early resolution explaining circumstances, they sent their Best man to fix the problem. Well done Baxi. 5 stars

Last edited:
Absolute garbage from Ben as usual.
A faulty boiler that still functions i.e. cosmetic damage or noises is low priority.
Approved installers guaranteed next day and sometimes same day.
PLUS I know the rep in your area (Steve) he would move heaven and earth to get you going. Has a situation where the 9 month old boiler needed a part that was out of stock. He arranged for me to borrow a boiler until parts could be swapped back. You catch more with sugar than mustard.

You all know why Ben posted in here - it was just to name and shame the manufacturer.

Besides he couldn't post it in the combustion chamber, no one gives a monkeys what he writes in there ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back