Aren't "builders" great

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My m8 and I had to spend two hours last night trying to find out why we had no gas.

In the end we found the culprit section of pipe, someone had stuffed drywall adhesive down it, I had gone home night before with my pipes layed out and some soldered some not. Never gave it a moments thought to check inside them.

There had been a bit of argy bargy on site as usual, but that's a dirty trick.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that someone who reads this site has broken into your home and blocked your gas pipe while you were out?

Tony

You mean you carcassed and left the pipe ends uncovered :rolleyes:

You mean you work for builders??

Sponsored Links
You mean you work with a mate ...not struggle on your own :eek:

I'm not working for the builder, but he hates me because a/ client who I do a lot of work for went direct for me, b/ I'm not from Witby, c/ He's a joiner.

Nuff said. Least he's not a sparky.

For those who don't know, to do work in Witby you have to have married your sister who you tell everyone is your cousin, and just work in building trade off season, take tourists fishing wrecks on season.

The last time I went to "Witby" it was spelt "Whitby" !

It also had a ruined abbey high up on the south cliff above the harbour and we ( BBC ) put a 45m mast up just beside it.

There was also a coastguard post which has now been destaffed.

Tony

Last time I was "destafffed" it was spelt "destaffed".

And it's no good editing out your spelling mistake either Tony! People who live in glass houses.....

As a kid I pestered my dad to take us to Whitby for some strange reason. He wasn't happy about it but gave in. When we returned from our day trip he realised he'd left his coat behind with his wallet in it. It was at an archery range if I remember correctly. He went flying back down there the next day not really expecting to find anything. Both coat and wallet were returned intact. Nice one Whitby!
Worked in Scarborough once. Bit of a strange place and hard to get to, but apparently people do visit the place.

I'm surprised someone put drywall adhesive down your pipes. I thought that was reserved for plaster.

It`s the new fangeled drywall system they use now .......Dab+Dot........Did.Dab Dod :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back