Ariston 27 RFFI failing to ignite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ariston 27 RFFI boiler failing to ignite. Gas valve has been changed but no joy. Gas valve solenoid energised and ignition spark for about 8secs. then shutdown after three attempts. Any ideas? Possible board fault? Usual stuff with incorrect diagrams showing valve solenoid having two solenoids but only one of these is connected.
Probably this valve used in different combinations hence the error in the connections to the valve as shown in the diagram supplied.

Sponsored Links
Who changed the gas valve? Was he CORGI registered?

Whats your involvement?

I can solve these problems but I need to know who I am talking to and dont say Winnie the Pooh !

Tony

get transco to swap your meter governor, its probably sluggish or got a blocked breather hole. tel 0800 111999.

Or you could pay for a dodgy corgi plumber to come out and rip you off.

Sponsored Links
To Agile,
Thanks for the reply. A local corgi engineer/plumber I contacted via yellow pages came to solve the problem and he changed the gas valve. I'm actually the owner, not a plumber or Corgi registered, just there to offer some electronic technical assistance. The boiler has been out of commission for several days with the Corgi engineer doing some head scratching.
The reasoning was, that as the boiler was failing to fire, there was no gas flow through the valve. Supply voltage to the valve is 235V present for about 8 Secs. during the ignition sequence. I don't think there has been any water gauge measurement carried out on either side of the valve during the ignition period to see what is actually going on.
An insufficient gas supply was excluded as a primary reason as supply to a gas cooker close by seem adequate. That said, as you say, without checking actual parameters at the valve you don't really know what is really going on. I appreciate your advice and will pass it on.

To BGTechy,
Thanks to you also for your advice. It will be another avenue to explore if all else fails.

Regards to you both, I'll keep you posted on what happens. I'm off to see what's left in the Hunny jar and maybe a cold shower.
P. Bear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back