Glowworm Fuelsaver 55F not igniting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The pilot (and hence main burners) on my Fuelsaver 55F are not lighting. The ignition is sparking away but no gas it would appear.

I've put a voltmeter across the terminal to the solenoid valves, with the ignition sparking, and I'm reading about 0.6 of a volt!! Does anyone know if this should be more like 240v? I've checked all the wiring and connections

Any thoughts please......new PCB or new solenoid valves?

Cheers
Haydn

Sponsored Links
well, what do you know, another flame sensing problem

prolly pcb or HT lead

Thanks for the info.

Changed the PCB but has made no difference. The ignition spark is still nice and strong but no pilot.

I took the cover off the solenoids, everything looks in virtually new condition (not that means there isn't a problem). Theres continuity in all the wires but no sign off any action at all!!

Should I try and replace the electrode and HT wire (or are these functioning ok as I'm getting a spark?) or the sensor?

Any other thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Haydn

Sponsored Links
The fact that you have a spark doesn't mean that the HT lead is OK. A spark is a lot of volts which has to go somewhere but the pcb senses the pilot is alight down the HT lead and requires good continuity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back