Ariston 28RFFI Microsystem boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the following problem? My boiler (approx 9 yo) will run quite happily for several hours but then locks out (yellow LED), will reset and go thro it's ignition sequence but no spark, will not fire up and hence locks out again. If I leave the boiler alone for about 1/2 hour I can then reset the boiler, it will fire up and work away again for another few hours when again it will lock out. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I suspect you will find that its overheating!

An auto bypass may help reduce/prevent this ( if thats the problem ).

Do you turn rads on and off? Do some have TRVs?

Tony

Hi, all the rads have TRV's apart from two which have lockshields but these lockshields are not fully open.

So do you have an auto bypass as you should do?

Can you measure the boiler flow and return temperatures?

Has the boiler been range rated for the required heat output of the rads?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Agile and thanks for the reply. There is no auto bypass fitted although I take it that this is something you would recommend.

I can measure the flow and return temps although this is something I would have to do tomorrow.

The boiler was matched to the rads and heating requirements of the house.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back