Ariston A30 Pressure Loss - have I got aleak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Ariston A30 condensing/combi boiler. It was installed just over a year ago but hasn't been serviced yet. Just before Christmas I woke up to find the pressure had dropped to zero so the boiler had switched off. I filled it up to ~1.5 bar and everything came back on ok but the pressure initially increased to ~2.5 bar then gradually over about 8 hours it dropped to zero again. As its was Christmas and the installer was on hols we got an engineer out on our emergency cover, he refilled it again and couldn't see a problem (the pressure didn't increase this time) he said it was probably a leak somewhere. I put some Fernox leak seal in, bled the radiators and the pressure held steady for about 3 days. When it started up the pressure went up again, from 1 to 2 bar before dropping back. I then put the heating back on the timer (went back to work) and its dropping again, although more slowly. Could it be a problem with the boiler or is it most likely a leak?

There's an Ariston engineer coming tomorrow so it would be useful to know the possibilities other than a leak. I really don't want to have to lift my new floor (fitted at end of Oct) to find a leak, I've checked everywhere else.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back