CH Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Ariston MicroGenius combi boiler thats serves 4 radiators and is connected together using 'Speedfit' fittings.

The system is pressured to 1 bar and after about 2 months this drops to around 0.7 bar, is this drop in pressure normal or is there a possibilty of a leak somewhere although not visible.

Also what is the effect on the 'inhibitor' in the system, should this be re-introduced due to the drop in pressure.

Thanx in advance....

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer.
I think you will find it should stay constant seeing as it is a sealed sytem. I di have a similar prob, it was losing water through the "too much pressure in here so i will open up saftey valve"

Cheers Breezer

I had thoughts along a similar lines actually as I remember when it was installed it was set to 1 bar it eventually went down to 0.7 bar and I left it for ages and it seemed happy enough.

Being my first year with this installation maybe a touch of paranoia set in :D

Many thanx

A new system has a lot of air in the water. This can be released through the auto air vent in the boiler and bled through the rads. Either of these will cause the pressure to job and is normal.
The other thing that happends with new systems is glavanic action or electolytic corrosion caused by the different metals and water reacting. This can be detected by a slight smell when bleeding rads, which is hydrogen. Make sure you have an inhibitor such as 'Sentinel x100' in the system, otherwise you will soon have a lot of sludge in the radiators.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back