ariston combi water too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water from taps and shower is boiling hot and does not get cooler when I change temperature setting on boiler- any ideas??
thanks

Sponsored Links
My idea would be that there is a fault with the temperature control or settings within your boiler.

Tony

Whats expensive depends on your perception of whats expensive!

Tony

Sponsored Links
pepboycie said:
My water from taps and shower is boiling hot and does not get cooler when I change temperature setting on boiler- any ideas??
thanks
could be mod valve not regulating, and the dhw thermistor could be faulty, burner pressure not correct,

i have been called out to an ariston micro genus with same problem.
the hot water comes out about 80C at which point the burner shuts down,when water cools down burner will relight. The dhw thermostat will not control the water output temp.
I swapped the thermistors around and the fault remained.
I then removed pump and secondary heat exchanger and cleaned them not very dirty.
checked pump spindle spinning at speed ok.

This is the point at which i gave up.

Did you check modulation and both burner pressures, and the flow rate through the boiler?

microgenus combis are renound(spellin) for sludgeing up. If it has been installed on an old system them this may well be the case. When i have gone out to them in the past i have had to completely strip the boiler boiler and even wash the dhw plate heat exchange out with acid to remove the sludge. I think in your case it sounds like you thermistors are playing up. try swapping both of these and see how you go on.

Have fixed the boiler now.
The problem was that the burner was not modulating and leading to the water being heated to rapidly with no chance for the thermistor to react and control dhw.
On return i rechecked burner pressures high and low,there was no flame on the low setting with the leads to the modreg disconnected,the boiler went straight to lockout.
Adjusting the low pressure screw i managed to get a flame and set min burner pressure.the boiler now works properly again.
Somehow the min pressure altered?

Thanks nick

fela kuti said:
Have fixed the boiler now.
The problem was that the burner was not modulating and leading to the water being heated to rapidly with no chance for the thermistor to react and control dhw.
On return i rechecked burner pressures high and low,there was no flame on the low setting with the leads to the modreg disconnected,the boiler went straight to lockout.
Adjusting the low pressure screw i managed to get a flame and set min burner pressure.the boiler now works properly again.
Somehow the min pressure altered?

Thanks nick
i have had this happen to me before on a styx (ariston) combi. strange how the pressure alters wothout no one touching it it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back