Ariston condensate problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi posted about engineer putting dhw heat exchanger as hot water only getting luke warm and going through flow engineer came back then put divertor valve in same thing happening but have just noticed when put hot tap on water gets warm and hot water coming out of condensate pipe at same time also warm. should he not have noticed this what could be problem as another engineer i spoke to in passing says he might have put the new heat exchanger wrong way around its on an ariston 24 mffi. do i report him to gas safe as he costing me money and wont answer phone again
Thanks brian

Sponsored Links
sorry but if you really did speak to another heating engineer in passing then he/she is talking absolute crap, for a start you cant possibly install it the wrong way round and the DHW heat exchanger has nothing to do with any water coming out of your condensate discharge

Hi i spoke to an engineer well said he was plumber / engineer for a housing organization in the pub i have spoke to the engineer who fitted the new heat exchanger and the diverter valve he said will come out again on tuesday my tenant going mad.Just needed to question him when get here why he has not spotted this only when turn hot water on gets warm at tap and also water running out of condensate pipe. soon as you turn tap off, water stops running out off condensate. Wait for him to come before ask him in case he dont turn up the engineer who used to do my gas safety has retired so i am just getting anyone who will come out at the moment when find someone to trust will stick with him or her
I dont know if heat exchanger is connected to condensate as am a plasterer so who rents out houses so im not talking crap but other people, i take them as face value. Thanks for comment reply brian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back