Ariston Cooker - Piezo Button Permanently Firing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

A problem with my gas hob has just arisen in that the piezo is constantly firing, even when the button is not depressed! I've had a look under the hob and can't see any obvious problems, so could it be something inside the switch that's completing the circuit?

It goes at a pretty constant speed, but speeds up slightly when the button is depressed. We've switched off the fuse as a temporary preventative but I'm dreading the next time I need to use the electric oven!

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Ralph

Sponsored Links
You need to check the switch for a permanent short circuit across the contacts when disconnected, with a multi meter or conductivity tester.

just went to tackle it today and it seems to be working fine again! :confused:

thanks very much for the help though, i'll bet any money it will happen again so i'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind if does happen!

many thanks,
ralph

Sponsored Links
Hi, I know this is a late reply, but as the previous post suggested, maybe during cleaning it got wet; this happened to one of ours and I dried it out using a hair dryer played on to it.

I had similar problem after cleaning Ariston Gas Hob. Igniter kept firing. I took out the igniter and dried it with hairdryer, Did not work first time, then triede hair dryer for longer.

I tested by conecting up before reseating the igniter and this time it worked ok.

Trouble was that this second time as I forgot to turn off the power at the wall when pushing the ignter button back into the cooker. One of the two terminals on the igniter tocuhed the side of the cooker top and there was a short flash/bang.

The main wall switch showed that power was still on and the oven was still working ok. Only problem this time is that the igniter is not working.

I can get a replacement igniter button for around £15.00. But will this sort the problem. Is there maybe another fuse somewhere for the gas hob that can be found and repaired. I lokked under the lid and there is a falt red sort of electrical box thing. Is this fused?

Any help much appreciated.

I can light the gas with a match, so can still cook.But need to resolve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back