Smeg A1 (A1-5) cooker clock won't set (buttons not working?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All -

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I will try to keep it brief:

Have got a new cooker - a friend connected to the mains for me (electric oven - gas hob, which has also been connected fine).

The cooker won't heat, but this is because the clock isnt set I think.

THe clock is flashing (it is an electric analogue type), which according to the manual means it needs setting. To set, I am meant to hold a certain (clock symbol) button for 1-2 seconds. I have tried this countless times, and I have tried different combinations of the buttons. Nothing will get the clock to stop flashing and allow me to set the damn thing!

Any ideas - is this most likely to be to do with 1- wiring done by my friend to the mains, wiring at the main cooker board, wiring to the clock, or new clock/buttons needed?

When we received the cooker from the deliverers, it was wrapped but we had had wet weather and there were pools of water on top of the wrapping. Could there be water/condensation inside the clock stopping the buttons working?

Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Quite often you have to press the time set button and the + or - to set the clock (does not have to be set to the right time)

The manual for your model just states press the time set/reset for 1 to 2 seconds until it stops flashing then the + or - button.

The wiring to the mains would not affect the clock function, is there any resisitance on the buttons when you push them in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back