Smeg A2 Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Smeg A2 oven (approx 6 years old) which has a fan assisted oven and a auxiliary oven with a gas hob built in to the top. This is hard wired in to a 32Amp ring main

Recently, a fault has developed with the main oven whereby I am unable to turn it on using the control, as i am unable to set the clock to turn the oven on - the clock is blank. But, when I turn the main oven switch in between two of the symbols (can't remember which ones - but approx one o'clock) then the clock flickers to life But if I try to set the time at this point, the clock goes off again

However, the auxiallury oven continues to work with no problem - and does not seem to be connected to the clock(?)

I have changed both the clock/timer unit and the main oven "computator" control unit without luck

I have checked for voltage at the time unit, with a mains tester screwdriver, and it did light up.

Please can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't work on it while it's live.
You need a decent multimeter and you'll have to start tracing wiring.
From the sounds of things you've no nuetral going to the clock.
Check where the mains cable wires into for broken/burnt wires and follow the neutral to the clock. Do the same with the live feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back