ariston DIA 24 mffice type C. combi boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler is about 12 years old and in all fairness we have only had 2 brake downs. both times it has bee the same thing. the divertor valve membrane has perished.

new problem has started now. last week the CH didn't fire at the programed time. also no hot water. went and had a look. the boiler was still in timed CH so it was calling and you could hear a fan but there was no flame. turned the hot tap on to call for hot water but the same thing.
i turned the boiler off with the button on the front and back on after a minute or so, nothing.
i turned the CH temperature control knob all the way up, nothing.
I left the temp up full and turned the boiler on and off again, flame lights, nice and blue. top job we have heat. turned the hot tap on, flame goes out, not hot water. after leaving the heating on for ten minutes whilst letting the kettle boil for a cuppa. went back and thought i would just try the HW again. CH still running, turn on the HW tap and hay presto, hot water comes out the tap and the flame stays lit.

being this time of year i have had to leave i and i thought it might have been just a bit of much and it had burnt off as the boiler carried on working..............until this morning.
same thing happened and the same way to get it working. but this time i turned the CH temp knob up to see it i could hear the click, no click, turned it back down, no click, turned it up and switched the boiler off and on, CH fires up. turn the knob and there's the click. no HW still so left it a little and then it was as if after it all had warmed then the hot water worked.

anyone had this problem before? if so what was the case and fix please.

sorry it's a little long winded but i was trying to get all the info in a could.

kind regards
Phil.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back