Ariston ecoCombi 27 - Calling for heat but not igniting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an Ariston ecoCombi boiler and it seems quite tempremental. If anyone has experience of this boiler it has a fairly non-user friendly digital control panel which I have only recently discovered how to use.

I have the boiler set to call heat at a certain time say 15:00. The boiler is on summer setting BST and everything seems normal. When 15:00 comes the digital display marks with a black dot (to indicate its calling for heat) but nothing happens. The charecter display (which indicates a letter for several uses and problems) doesn`t indicate the its calling for heat. Therefore the boiler doesn`t heat up and no heat gets to the radiator.

Domestic hot water is fine, everytime we turn the tap or shower on for hot, hot comes out and the boiler boots up as it should.

In the past by fiddling with the digital display and the theromstat in the lounge I have got the heating on, it then heats very well.

If anyone has an idea of why I am having these problems I would appreciate knowing about it. I cant help feeling that I am doing something wrong but everything indicates there maybe a boiler issue.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if either the clock or the room stat is faulty.

It would need careful checking with a test meter to decide which though.

Tony

You need to clarify mate. If the boiler is on summer setting as in the summer winter switch then the boiler will not fire for central heating. If I've misenturpreted this then post another phat one. :D :D

PS If it is set to summer only then switch it to summer/winter. Probably a sun and snowflake symbol. ;)

Sponsored Links
My apologies. I meant that it was winter setting. Therefore it should kick in when it calls for heat. There doesn`t seem to be a recognition, when the digital display calls for heat, from the boiler to do anything. There are no error codes on the charecter display just a '0' to indicate that there isn`t a call for heat.

Thanks for your help thusfar,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back