Ariston Euro Combi A/23 MFFI - Burner light coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above boiler and the light that indicates that the burner has failed to fire has just started to come on and stay on.

When I look in the manual it says "Shutdown due to the failure of the burner to light automatically"

We've had one of the valves switched before as the boiler was not firing due to a sticky valve. I was told that until the part was sourced the best way around it was to heat up the valve with a hairdryer which would then un-stick the valve.

I've tried this approach but with no luck at all.

When I try to switch on the boiler I don't here the familiar clicking noises that tell me that the boiler is firing up. All I here is a whirring sound and no clicks (very quiet).

Any tips anyone ??

Thanks in advance
James

Sponsored Links
It's failing before the gas valve (of which your new one should be improved and less likely to stick, but the hair dryer is applied at the back in the evnt it recurrs), there may be an interruption between the spark generator on the pcb and the spark electrode in the boiler, the thin white HT leed may be arking at a connection or badly contacting and sparking at the connectyion instead of at the tip. The tip might need a clean, the gap might need setting, the porcelane might be cracked. Oops you said it isn't clicking at all, the generator might have failed, the boiler might have failed before this stage but you are misinterpreting the diagnostic light. APS, flue, fan, much further investigation, so corgi job.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, looks like its up to the inlaws for a shower this morning then.

It did come on for about 10 mins this morning but it has since turned itself off again.

I'll ring round some friends to try and find a recommended plumber / electrician.

Thanks
James

a recommended plumber / electrician.
Oooh, careful! Neither a pipe-fitter nor a sparky would have much of a clue. You need someone used to mending boilers.

Sponsored Links
Preferably someone who at least knows how to use a weir guage without being told.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back