Ariston Euro Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with my boiler that BRITISH GASP :evil: cant sort out.
They changed the fan approx 3 months ago as that had packed up. Since then the boiler seems to have trouble igniting. ive had them out on 5 occasions and they have cleaned the system and said it should work fine. The problem was that every time they came the boiler would fire up. :oops: But the last time they came out the problem was still there :D . The boiler would come on and sound like it was working just no flame. I was stood behind the engineer when he prodded around with his screwdriver and when he touched the pressure switch at the top it fired up. Sorted i thought now we know what it is. He came back next day changed the valve and it worked (FOR 24 HOURS) then nothing again. :evil: Back out he came and now he has said the boiler is KNACKERED!!!!! Its only six years old. When he went I unscrewed the front and knocked the pressure switch and on it came??? Runs fine for a few days then same thing, have to take the front off and knock the pressure switch again.

Any ideas, is it worth getting another pressure switch, or is their a way to bypass it?

Sponsored Links
The Air Pressure Switch is vital part of the safety controls on this boiler and you shouldn't mess with it. If you can find a competent boiler engineer he will know what might be causing the problem. It could be something as simple as the venturi needing cleaning.

What "valve" did he change?

As Chris says you need a competent engineer!!!

Tony

Having problems with my boiler that BRITISH GASP :evil: cant sort out.

surprise, surprise.

yes there is a way to bypass aps. however, safety devices are there for your safety, and that of the neighbours. if 5 experts, ahum, can not fix the problem, you should not even dream of coming near a solution yourself.

Sponsored Links
Just make a formal complaint !

They will send someone like a Customer Service Manager who will even tell you his full name. He will probably even apologise for the previous service given.

Tony

sorry ive not replied been away from computer for a few days.
Chrishutt. would have thought BG engineers were competent!!! Realise the valve is an important part but the BG guy has not said the boiler cant be used!!

Agile/Tony He said he changed the pressure valve/switch. ist the one at the top left of the boiler with 2 rubber pipes attached and 2 wires.
I,ll ring them today (again) and make a complaint see what happens.

Bengasman. Understand your concern but to change the valve only involves disconecting the wires and tubes putting the new valve in and reconnecting? not rocket science! Looking at the valve/switch now it looks as though its not a new valve? Im now thinking that BG have not changed it!!!

thanks for your help everyone.
rgds Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back