ariston eurocombi A23 no hot water (HELP PLEASE)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i have a ariston a/23 eurocombi which when you turn the hotwater on it doens't get very hot and it seems the radiators come on too and stay on.

sometime the raditor comes on too and stays on unless you switch the power off to the boiler.

This happens occasionally, so im thinking that the diapragm has split and getting stuck in the wrong position. Or that it could be worse and a new Diverter valve may be needed

Would anyone be able to confirm this for me / tell me im wrong. And does anyone know the part number of it and if it's an easy job?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the diverter is damaged or stuck.

I would confirm the fault and then disassemble and inspect it

Tony

Cheers Tony

I've got a nice long weekend to do this now then!

Are there any tests i can do to conrim that it is indeed this and not the cheaper diagram option.

Or is it something im gonna have to open up nd check out first to diagnose the real issue?

Thanks

What is the pin that operatesthe flow switch doing ?
Does it retract fully when no h/w demand and extend when there is??

Sponsored Links
The pin is operating fine,

upon radiator demand it does not operate the switch and it is fully retracted.

upon hotwater request it operates the switch and fully retracts when it turns off.

therefore it seems to be working fine

Could this simply mean that the microswitch is not working properly maybe and needs replacing?

I did some tests and when I turn the hot water off and the boiler stays on ( with the pin working fine) the pipe to the radiators from the boiler gets slightly hot. the boiler is all on and firing but does not seems to heat any pipes up to a hot temperature when this occurs, only luke warm.

then with this state if you then turn the taps on for hot water it is only luke warm and gets no hotter

This has whats led me to point my finger at the microswitch thinking it is mucking it all up.

thanks for both your continued asistance, does this theory sound right?

also when the boiler is heated up and been used for a while it appears to work fine too

any thoughts at all to my last post?

Help is greatly appreciated

Well I am sorry if this is too simple!

Surely if you suspect the switch then you have to electrically test it !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back