Ariston Eurocombi A23 probs with central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have a problem with the central heating and our Ariston Eurocombi boiler - the heating won't come on but the hot water is working. A new pcb was fitted in May soon after we moved in as the boiler wasn't working at all (probably because it hadn't been serviced). I'm sure that both the water and radiators worked following the new pcb and service in May.

An engineer sent by the insurance company recommended a power flush but we would like a second opinion as the problem seems to be that the hot water is not being sent to the radiators, rather than the radiators being too blocked to work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is the timeclock on the boiler set to on? If fitted is the room thermostat set correctly.

Does the boiler fire up at all?

Forget the powerflush for now...nearly always a con.

Turn boiler off for an hour to cool down.

Turn on CH. Does the boiler make a noise?

Does the flame come on for a short while?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
Thanks for the responses...

The boiler does fire up once turned on for a short period of time and the flame comes on but it then switches itself off.

I've reset the timer etc using the manual I found online and we won't have a room thermostat.

We have had to have it set to 'winter' over the summer to get hot water as setting to 'summer' means no hot water or heating, which is obviously not right.

Cheers.

Sorry, that should be don't have a thermostat - I don't have anything against them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back