ariston eurocombi not firing on ch or hw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.Having problems with an ariston eurocombi.when there is demand for heating or hot water,the pump runs and the fan runs,not at full speed however.The temperature LEDs on the front of the boiler which indicate how warm the water is going through the system are all lit up and the other LEDs i.e the lockout one and overheat one are not illuminated.any ideas where to start looking?the sticker on the box which houses the PCB has been peeled off by the looks of it so Im finding it kind of hard to trace the electrics!any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I dont know these boilers thoroughly but if the fan is not getting to full speed then I doubt if the aps is detecting it to allow ignition to commence. Check your M I's, does this model have a 2 speed fan? Slow at rest and full on demand?

fan is on or off so check for 240v and that it spins freely. If it does then check APS

If the LED are all lit even with the boiler cold then you will need to replace the ch thermistor most likely. Check the resistance im not sure what it should be though, sorry.

If you dont have a multi meter then id recommend getting someone in.

Not a bad boiler.

I think you will find that he is trying to repair this boiler for someone!

It worries me that he does not seem to be CORGi registered but yet he is doing boiler repairs.

If I remember correctly there is only one sensor and its 10-13K cold.

We must assume that its an A23 MFFI !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hijack, but,

Tony do you have a link for the pdf manuals :?: ;)

Would be greatful if you had one and could email from profile, cheers ;)

Sorry Mike but its all from memory!

Chris R is the manual king. He is working on his commercial appliances so a but tied up.

If you speak to him remind him its marthas birthday on saturday.

Tony

clf-gas said:
Sorry to hijack, but,

Tony do you have a link for the pdf manuals :?: ;)

Would be greatful if you had one and could email from profile, cheers ;)

craig your near me aint yer........got 2 cd's with manuals on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back