Ariston genus 23 miffi got me puzzled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
looking for some guidance i have a genus 23 miffi for the last month the hot water has been running hot then warm until last week i final had no hot water the diverter valve diaphragm had a hole in it, i change this and also the heat exchanger on the recomendation that this may have been blocking up causing the flame to turn on and of whilst running the hot water.My problem now is that with the boiler set on summer mode the boiler does not fire up for hot water nor does it in winter mode,but if the central heating is on i have hot water the flame is still cutting out every five minutes or so unless i open up a cold water tap and run that as well any ideas where to go with this would be gratefully recieved

Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
This sounds like a DIY job that has failed to repair the boiler.

It sounds as if you have two faults!

The boiler is not responding to a call for heat so check diverter valve and switches.

Flame cuting out seems to be the diverter not moving enough.

It seems to me that you are out of your depth and need a professional.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back