Ariston Micro Genius HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mothers boiler seems to work OK apart from the mechanical clock which has started malfunctioning. I set the correct time and when I look at it a few days later it can be a few hours out. Its 5 years old, any suggestions on DIY.

Sponsored Links
install a wired/wireless prog stat, whichever is appropriate, if your ok with electrics it will be quite a simple job. you can leave the built in time control on constantly then and control on and offs from the new stat :idea:

libby lou lou Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you get a reply for that, most don't do a a thanks would be nice would'nt the world be better?
dont it make ya feel appreciated :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought of a wired/wireless prog stat. Have you any in mind? Any views on why the mechanical clock keeps going a few hours out. There haven't been any power cuts, is it a common fault with these. Im wondering if the clock can be repaired or replaced easier than fitting the above.

At the moment the mechanical clock is set to the always on position and the boiler is turned on using the wall stat. Are these wired programme stats just connected into the wall stat without having to remove the boiler cover i.e. in parallel with the wall stat switch. Ive been googling but I cant find any

there's nothing difficult in wiring this in if your are reasonably competent at electrics, honeywells are the make of prog room stats i use, as they are pretty user freindly, the mechanical clock can be unplugged and discarded if you use a prog room stat, and as for do the clocks commonly have problems, sorry to say it but anything associated with an ariston will have frequent problems. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back