Ariston Micro Genus 23 Boiler Low Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could help me / give advice

I have a Ariston Micro Genus 23 Boiler that is about 4 to 4 and half years old

We had a few problems with it when it was initially installed, but these got sorted

However, we seem to have a problem with the Hot Water

Basically you put the Hot Tap (in the kitchen, mixer taps) on full and after about 30 seconds (or less) the water pressure drops, nearly down to a dribble and you get cold water. Then after a bit of tap fiddling the hot water returns, and then goes again and so on.

There is about 2 to 3 meters of pipe work between the Hot Tap and the boiler, so I can’t see the distant been a problem.

The only possible thing it may be is that the main water stopcock isn’t fully open.

The reason been, we used to get knocking pipes

Should I open the stopcock fully?

I also have the same problem with the Hot water tap in the bathroom. Turn the bath tap on and it take ages for the hot water to come through, and then when it does, this too has a pressure drop, and the water runs cold, for quite a while before getting warm again

Could this be due to lime scale build up?

I’m thinking about getting it serviced. I’ve been quoted £85 + Vat for a service. Could someone please explain what actual or (should actual get done), when you have a boiler serviced, thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be lime scale in plate heat exchanger, or filter on cold inlet pipe.
But i would try turning stop cock full on first in case it's nothing to do with boiler.
Service is as MI.

May be a stupid question here, but whats

Service is as MI?, do you mean service has Manual, or is this a name of a person who could service the boiler for me?

Sponsored Links
forgot to mention, water is a cloudy white, when the hot tap is running, I suggest this is limescale correct?

PS you do you get the lime scale out of the heat exchange? Is it a new heat exchange, if so sound expensive. Could I try anything else frist?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back