Ariston micro genus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? Cannot maintain pressure in the system. (Ariston micro genus) Radiators are constantly filling with air. Have bled all thoroughly several times but gauge on boiler keeps dropping to zero. Dont seem to be loosing water anywhere! Confused!!! :confused:
Should also say that PRV pipe isnt dripping etc and that pressure is easly restored by turning the taps under the boiler, its just that pressure only lasts 10mins max, and then the radiators start 'gurgling' (think thats the technical term for it)

Sponsored Links
That was quick!
No water coming out of the discharge pipe at all. If i had a leak, I fancy i would be replastering by now!!!
I have left bleed valves open on radiators for ages to ensure no air in them. Just dont get it!

Complete pressure loss in 10 minute means a fairly substantial leak somewhere - it might even be a drain cock left open under the floor.

You have not said what type of property you are in.

Sponsored Links
Pipes run under the floor boards upstairs. They run down the wall externally for downstairs rads. Have had this problem for about a week now so would expect the ceilings to be down by now.
That said, it is the only logical conclusion so am starting to get a bit worried :eek:
The only other thing I can add that might be an issue is that the self bleed valve on the pump started leaking last year so I tightened this down by hand to stop it leaking (cant get bits seperate and replcing the boiler for something resembling a tyre valve cap was a horrible thought). I have , however, bled this manully but the fault remains

We had a strange leak on a new boiler we installed. No signs at all in the flat downstairs - weeks went by and the tenants were getting annoyed

In the end we convinced the Landlord that it was a problem caused by the kitchen fitters (system was in for a couple of weeks without problems).

They found that they had put a nail through the pipe when they laid the new floor.

Gallons of water leaked out of the system but never appeared downstairs.

Christ knows where it was going....

Looks like im ripping floor boards up then!
Havnt had anything installed like a kitchen and the boiler was installed about 7 years ago. Strange to think a leak would happen after this time.
Weird!
Thanks for your advice.

Cheers, Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back