How do I increase the pressure on Ariston micro genus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure gauge is showing zero and needs to be above one. Does not say in manual how to increase the pressure. On last boiler it was a simple turn of a tap, how do you do it on a Ariston micro genus? :confused:

Sponsored Links
They often have a stainless braided hose underneath the boiler near the isolating valves, there should be a black washing machine type valve to turn.

It may be that the Filling Loop (the stainless braided hose that Gasguru mentioned), has been removed and possibly even lost. They are removed to comply to Water Regs. Its an easy and cheap fix but a picture of the underside of your boiler (where the pipes go in/come out) would help us to identify better.

under the boiler you will have either 2 blue knobs or 2 black ones ,if blue undo both and the water will fill the system NOTE there is a design fault with the blue ones if you undo it to far it could come of in your hand and mains water will go everywhere,if black turn each one a quarter turn to fill good luck

Sponsored Links
under the boiler you will have either 2 blue knobs or 2 black ones ,if blue undo both and the water will fill the system NOTE there is a design fault with the blue ones if you undo it to far it could come of in your hand and mains water will go everywhere,if black turn each one a quarter turn to fill good luck

Hi, I have a similar problem, the resting pressure in my microgenus 23 mffi boiler is ~0.2 mbar, well into the red. I have found the two blue knobs that you refer to, but when I open them, with the boiler off, nothing happens.
Is there something glaringly obvious that i'm missing??. I open them as far as I can, but i'm not sure if I should try harder to open them further given that you say they could come off completely??.

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back