ariston micro genus 23 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler (about 5 years old)that is poorly,the pressure needle is reading almost zero but the boiler will fire up and run fine but then the needle will go up to 2 and a half bar, if i fill it up to one or one and a half bar the needle shows 3 or 3 and a half but the pressure release valve never opens, it always runs fine with no noise or loss of pressure.If the boiler is not on central heating mode and hot water is turned on the radiators will start to warm up as well as the hot water,i flushed it out a couple of years ago and put new inhibitor in (fernox restorer and protector as recomended). Is this something i can fix myself?

Sponsored Links
Root about in the FAQs - "Boiler Pressure Problems"

Pressure - it might be moved to the "Wiki". Pressure vessel needs pumping up after taking all pressurte off boiler.

Water.
Remove diverter motor, push on its pin, make sure it goes in and out when you turn the tap on/off.
Gland in top of brass part below is probably leaking/seized.
Remove, clean/replace diverter parts or the whole valve, as necessary.

Diagram

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back