Ariston Microgenius II 27 - Error 33/34

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We have a Ariston boiler and since last night been having this error codes, it was 33 yesterday and today its 34.

I did get the boiler firing by turning it on and off a few times, but have only managed this twice now since yesterday.

Been searching online and people says its from the PCB or the fan or even the flue. And sometimes even these dont fix it.

anyone on here manage to know the exact problem? I wont be touching it but before i call someone out would like a rough idea what the problem might be so dont get charged for loads of parts when none of them are gonna fix it.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Unsure of the exact problem, but they're is a good chance of a partially blocked venturi, which can cause intermittent signals going to the air pressure switch. Mentioning to the engineer of a possible blocked venturi will more than likely direct him to the area of fault. The best way to clean the venturi, apply venturi in surrounding boiled water.

With all that ( inappropriate ) detailed advice he will probably be going to try to do it him self.

Far better to ensure the engineer agrees that he will only charge for a successful repair and if any parts needed are really required. No-Fix No-Fee !

There is no "exact" repair in every case. As you have already seen, fault codes are only an indication of the likely fault and not an exact determination of the cause.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back