Ariston HE 24 error code E 34?

D

Deleted 98600

ok i havent actually been to this boiler, im going 2morro,the customer says, that its showing error code 34, and in the book thats overheat lockout, he also says his hot water isnt as hot as it used to be.

Cud this be the diverter valve? Or even pump failure.... i generally avoid breakdowns, in favour of installation, are there any plumbers that service alot of ariston boilers on here...

kemme know

thanks

Sponsored Links
E 34 refers to APS fault. First thing to do is remove the flue restrictor. If you remove the flue elbow off the boiler you'll see it inside the boiler.

As for the HW measure the flow rates and temp rise. 24kw would struggle with 9lt/min if the mains temp is petty low.

rob is right but there can be 2 flue restrictors the other one you have to remove the fan and it is in the recouperator,also the fan should run at more than 0.9 mbar to make the aps work,ive changed so many aps,s ive lost count.good luck

Allright lads, thanks for the reply, im going to the customer today... so in brief remove the flue elbow of the top of the boiler, and then what?

i cant run it?

whats aps?

Sponsored Links
I think you would be better off calling Ariston, perhaps the boiler is still under the two year warranty.

APS...air pressure switch.

Lack of testing by Ariston has resulted in this range of boilers being placed on the market with several inherrant design faults; one of which involves insufficient flue draught as the boiler ages.

You can measure the draught on the test points located on top of the boiler, if the fan/recuperator is clean and you still can't achieve sufficient pressure for correct APS operation then remove the flue restrictor ring located in the flue outlet.

The ring is siliconed in (at the factory) assuming most installations would have a flue lenght <1m. For flue lenghts >1m the ring should have been removed at installation time.

I am not aware of additional restrictors in the recuperator but who knows with Ariston. :rolleyes:

well explained, the boiler might well be still in gaurantee, i havent actually been round there as yet... as u may tell breakdowns arent my fortay, allthough im favouring them to installs, which ive been doin for years now

theres a serious lack round my way, even british gas told me they have just 7000 engineers covering the whole of south wales.

im looking to do the Mr Combi course, have any of you had any experience with these types of courses... ive rung city and guilds, and as yet cant find a course to study my level 3 in gas, which is mostly u values, and system design/faults

theres a serious lack round my way, even british gas told me they have just 7000 engineers covering the whole of south wales.

Since BG advertise as having just 5500 engineers in the whole of the UK, I think you will find that its even less than 200 for South Wales!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back